Site was updated to the newest version of PHPbb. Enjoy!

My bender

Which bender is best? How do you use a bender? How do you calculate bends? Everything Bender related...
pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Build it or Buy it: Buy It

My bender

Post by pertneer » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm

I use a JD2 model 3 bender with the ratchet (have not done a hydraulic upgrade yet).

I will post picture of my actual bender in a couple of days when I get the garage picked up a bit, so you can see my mount that I built for holding it steady.

Pertneer :mrgreen:
Jeeps do not break
they present you with opportunities to upgrade!

pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My bender

Post by pertneer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:03 pm

Well here is the picture of the pedestal that I built. I used to have a much smaller foot print, but it kept moving and pulling the anchors out of the floor.

P.S. I tend to over build everything.
bender_post.JPG
Jeeps do not break

jp_crazy
Beginner Fabricator
Beginner Fabricator

Post by jp_crazy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:10 pm

:shock: Overbuild that is no joke.

What is the purpose of the tube on the bottom?

FrogDog
Beginner Fabricator
Beginner Fabricator

FrogDog Bender

Post by FrogDog » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:25 pm

As you Tim had a pedestal floor mount for my bender.. Not as fancy mind you just a 6” sch 40 pipe, base plate and channel top for bolt on bender… (same bender as you have).
I now use it for hanging some of my dies….

Little story; my first real job by hand bending was pieces for a roll cage in a ambulance for the movies that was being rolled.. It was specified for .120 x 2” ERW… with some multiple bends.. well holy sh*t batman.. It almost killed me.. bending my handle having to reinforce it.. I tell you I don’t think I worked so hard in my life.. hehe.. especially the customer being right there and trying to make it look EZ….

Needless to say right after that job I was on the phone ordering the air / hydraulic package and didn’t care the cost.. LOL … Now I have it just mounted to my 4 x 4 rolling jig table.. The biggest bonus of that also was I could move it anywhere or out of the way when needing the space..
JD-2-Bender-01.jpg
JD-2-Bender-02.jpg
Cheers......................
Dog... :mrgreen:
If the women don't find you hansom, they should find you handy...

FrogDog FabWorx

pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pertneer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:05 am

I don't do anything that big yet (2") I only have one die that I bought to do my fenders with (1.25"). I do have a smaller one coming so I can make some handle bars for a vintage motorcycle. Seems no one make an accurate reproduction. I am going to give it a try for a friend. And heck he is buying the die for me to use and keep since I have no need for a 7/8 die.
jp_crazy wrote::shock: Overbuild that is no joke.

What is the purpose of the tube on the bottom?
The tube was an attempt to keep it from moving on me before I added the bigger bottom plate. Just have been lazy and not cut it off.
Jeeps do not break

Jeep-Fab.com : Disclaimer