Site was updated to the newest version of PHPbb. Enjoy!

Jeep-fab Beadlocks

Any Fab that does not fit into another Forum
pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Build it or Buy it: Buy It

Re: Jeep-fab Beadlocks

Post by pertneer » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Today I went and had a tire taken off of the old set of rims so I could make sure that my bolts were long enough before I had them powder coated.

I then placed the rim on the floor and proceeded to try to get the tire over the outer part of the rim. The tire place makes it look so easy. Then I thought to my self they use something to lubricate the tire before attempting to slide it over the rim. Pay attention to the next part I then just pushed really hard to get it to seat because it was so hard to get it to move before. Well needless to say I almost ended up on my face. It seams that the nice, fresh powder coat on the rims and the soapy water on the tire were a perfect match for each other. I will have to remember this for the other so I do not end up on the floor again.

Any way I took a picture of the rim after getting a couple bolts in the bead locks to get an idea of the look. You be the judge...
IMG00099-20100219-1209.jpg
My wife tells me I should clean the tire before I put them on.
Jeeps do not break
they present you with opportunities to upgrade!

CNC_fab
Beginner Fabricator
Beginner Fabricator

Post by CNC_fab » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:25 pm

pertneer wrote:The only place in my area that had a cnc plasma said that their machine was too big to do the bolt holes. So I went with the next best thing. :D
I guess that make a difference. Lookin good
next time try and keep the nose off of the floor.. :roll:

pertneer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pertneer » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Here is a shot of them on the Jeep:
Jeep-w_beadlocks.jpg
Over all I think they look good. It is yet to be determined how well they will work and if it enough to justify all of the work involved with doing a project of this size. After taking one of them back apart to fix an issue with a major leak and three of them being removed from the Jeep to re-torque the bolts to take care of some small leaks.
Jeeps do not break
they present you with opportunities to upgrade!

jp_crazy
Beginner Fabricator
Beginner Fabricator

Post by jp_crazy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Looks good. Do you have problems with air leakage. I have heard of a lot of people having issues with them leaking air all of the time.